HoneyPie's Notes: Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover...?   

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover...?

  
   Growing up we've always heard the adage "Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover". Many of us ignored the saying then and are still ignoring it today. Yesterday was no different, I purchased a book SOLELY because of the cover! A 20 year old Oprah and a 58 year old Oprah graced the cover of "O" magazine that read "How To Get Better With Age", I snatched it and took a seat as my children shopped! The content got better with every turning page. Women of all ages share(d) their life lessons, ambitions, inspirations, secrets, etc. One of the more interesting articles was from Oprah writing a letter to her younger self at the age of 20, it was deep! I don't wanna spoil it for you so go get a copy! 
What would you say in a letter to yourself (at age 20)? 

   There was a "Coming Of Age" section that I participated in (you should too):

My best advice to my younger self....
"pay attention to what may lie ahead"

The best part of getting older...
" I understand ME more and don't sweat the small things" 

I'm most looking forward to...
"Witnessing the growth and success of my kids"

I'd most like to learn how to....
"swim-sigh"

My earliest happy memory....
"Christmas in Detroit complete with my parents, 4 siblings, and SNOW!!"


Carrie Diaries for Jada & Heaven is for REAL for us...!
 
Dylan's Pick... ( my future meteorologist)


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment